Time is Golden

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Road Not Taken

A very famous poem by a renown poet Robert Frost...The poem tells us about some people who are bold enough to take the difficult way...the unusual path / route in life to reach their destiny when others prefer to take the easy / common way.  Which one are you?  I have gone through quite a number of obstacles in my life to be where and what I am today.  Here I am again...I have reached another junction...another choice to make...and I have chosen to take the road not taken...(by others...)


At this junction, I realize that it is not all about me...It's about me AND THE PEOPLE AROUND ME.  Many people say, "by the end of the day, it all goes back to you and your family, not the people around you, not the company you're working with, not the environment but you and your family".  I want so much to believe in that but there is this little voice in my mind that says "It is all about what you can give and what you can gain (in the hereafter)"...Let me repeat that, THE HEREAFTER...


As a mother, I am (at present) and in the hereafter answerable to everything that I have done to educate my children.  Their good deeds, their bad deeds, solah, the Al-Quran, and so forth.  I came to realize that I lack in time...quality time with my children (and husband).  I work to earn good money but I don't think I have worked hard enough to earn quality time with my family.  The math is simple, low quality time = low quality family.  Therefore, I chose the one closest to my home.  The other path is located in the same town but I am unsure of the amount of burden I will have to carry...will I have to carry the same weight? No.  Will I have the same amount of time or less? Less.  Will I get to implement my knowledge? Maybe but the current place is more condusive.  Will I get good money?  Yes but I can gain more or less the same amount anywhere...and the list goes on and on...


All in all, it's just the matter of choice.  Once you made that choice, surrender to Allah for only He knows what is best for us.  It is not an easy choice and therefore, I choose the road less taken by others and I must have 'faith and strong will'...Insya Allah I will find the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment